Discover Montreal by bike! Join us for a series of evening bike rides on Mondays to get some exercise and fresh air, explore Montreal’s waterfront, neighbourhoods and bike paths, and meet new people from near and far. Welcome to everyone!
Here is the schedule of rides in 2020. Please note that the destinations and routes could be modified without notice:
- July 6 – Île Ste-Hélène and Gilles-Villeneuve Racetrack
- July 13 – Île de la Visitation
- July 20 – Île des Soeurs
- July 27 – Parc des Rapides and the Verdun waterfront
- August 3 – Parc Bellerive
- August 10 – Parc Angrignon
Cost and registrations: Space is extremely limited and registration is mandatory. $15 for all 6 outings, TAXES INCLUDED, plus an annual $10 membership card to the Association Récréative Milton-Parc. Our registrations this summer are online-only because our offices are still closed. Please register via https://www.amilia.com/store/en/armp/shop/activities/2654493 You will be able to pay by credit card or otherwise by ‘e-check’ if you don’t have a credit card. See here to learn more.
Discounted rate for low-income newcomers to Canada: $5 to sign up for 6 outings, TAXES INCLUDED, plus an annual $10 membership card to the Association Récréative Milton-Parc. If you are a low-income newcomer, please write me at [email protected] and confirm that your situation corresponds to all of the criteria explained here. Then I will explain how to register with a discount. Please be in touch – it would be great to have you!
- You will need to bring your own bike, lights and helmet (obligatory). The outings are mostly feasible by Bixi (though more tiring and expensive). Your bike should be in good repair and have reflectors.
- Please bring enough water, snacks, your health insurance card and information, your OPUS card and/or cash in case you need to return early by metro, and appropriate clothing for the weather.
- You will need to know how to bike. Distances will vary from 20 – 35 km. We bike at a “friendly” pace. It will be possible to shorten certain outings by coming home by metro.
- Meet at 6 pm at the corner of Rachel and Brébeuf in Parc Lafontaine, rain or shine. Rides will be cancelled only in case of dangerous conditions such as very strong rain or winds, and this will be decided onsite at the meeting place and time. We’ll return to the same place between 8:30 and 9:30 pm depending on the outing.
Special COVID-19-related measures:
- Smaller groups.
- Online registration only. No trial outings for now.
- Participants will need to accept an acknowledgement of COVID-related risks form in order to register.
- Participants will also need to fill and return an online general acknowledgement of risks form, after registration.
- No exchange of objects or papers onsite. Maps and routes will be available online.
- Distance of 2 m between participants
- The group will take breaks in areas that permit social distancing.
- Other procedures will be shared with registered participants. Participants must agree to follow these procedures.
- This activity will be organised in accordance with public health recommendations.
Questions? [email protected]