Hike on Mount Royal and in the neighbourhood while practicing your French and English! We’ll walk, get fresh air and exercise, and have a weekly language exchange with neighbours! Just wear decent walking shoes – sometimes we’ll venture onto smaller trails! Rain or shine.
When: Thursday evenings from 6 – 7:45 pm or so, starting on September 23rd.
Where: We will meet beside the Mordecai Richler gazebo. It is at the bottom of Mount Royal, along Park Avenue, close to the monument (on the downtown side): https://goo.gl/maps/1iKBZVvWcGnsFmGk6
Registration: online via the Milton Park Recreation Association via the below links, or else at 514.872.0566 x 0. Practical information will be included in your purchase confirmation e-mail. We are happy to announce a new reduced rate for this fall, thanks to recent good news of an upcoming grant specifically for this!
There are two options:
- Sign up for the series of ten language exchange hikes at a cost of $25 plus taxes and a $10 annual membership card to the Milton-Park Recreation Association. If you are a low-income newcomer to Canada as defined here, please use the following new discount code – NAFRautomne20212 – while registering. This will enable you to access the reduced rate, which is $10 for 10 outings (plus taxes and $10 annual membership card). Here is the link. https://www.amilia.com/store/en/armp/shop/activities/3490913
- There will be a limited number of drop-in spots each week. Please see https://www.amilia.com/store/en/armp/shop/programs to select the date and register. The rate is $5 plus taxes for one outing. If you are a low-income newcomer, please register and pay at the above link, and we will give you a credit for this amount in your account with ARMP if you truly participate in the activity.
Special COVID-19-related measures:
- Participants will need to accept an acknowledgement of risks form in order to register.
- We will follow current health regulations and will inform you when you register.
- You will need to present a valid vaccine passport and photo ID in order to participate.
Questions ? email@example.com
The Intercultural Outdoor Recreation Program is co-delivered by the Association récréative Milton-Parc and the Maison de l’Amitié. This project is funded in part by the ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration and the Ville de Montréal.