Come hiking with us up Mount Royal while practicing French, English and/or Spanish! We’ll break into small groups in order to discuss in the various different languages. There will be a Hallowe’en theme!
When: Saturday October 31st from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Before the activity, you will be assigned to a small group and will receive a precise arrival time. Please come at the designated time! The actual hike will last around 2 hours.
Where: Meet outdoors in Jeanne-Mance Park.
Cost: $5 (reimbursable in the form of a credit if you attend the activity).
To register: Space is limited – first come, first served. Please register online here via the following links (please choose ONE):
- Hiking and French-English exchange – https://www.amilia.com/store/en/armp/shop/activities/2907573
- Hiking and French-Spanish exchange – https://www.amilia.com/store/en/armp/shop/activities/2907575
You will be able to pay by credit card or otherwise by ‘e-cheque’ if you don’t have a credit card. See here to learn more.
Please fill this form https://forms.gle/hwP1YrVT33GC7Pnx6 if you can help lead one of the groups. We are looking for people who are strong French, English and/or Spanish speakers, interested in learning how to lead intercultural hikes, and ideally who already know our program.
This activity will take place rain or shine. We may modify the route depending on the weather.
Special COVID-19-related measures:
- Smaller groups.
- Online registration only.
- Participants will need to accept an acknowledgement of risks form in order to register.
- No exchange of objects or papers onsite.
- No large gathering
- Participants will be greeted outdoors in Jeanne-Mance Park
- Participants will arrive at pre-designated times, not all at once
- Distance of 2 m between participants
- The language exchange component will happen while we are on wider trails.
- Other procedures will be shared with registered participants.
Questions? [email protected]
This activity is organised by the Intercultural Outdoor Recreation Program, presented by the Milton-Park Recreation Association and the Maison de l’amitié,,with the support of MEC and the City of Montreal. Thanks!