Learn to love winter through this introduction to cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and skating! We will prioritize skiing when snow conditions permit, and we will schedule snowshoeing and skating otherwise. This course is perfect for beginners and anyone who wants to get the most out of Montreal’s winters!
For whom? This activity is suitable for adults who are able to do moderate physical activity for 2 hours outdoors.
Location – We will usually meet in Jeanne-Mance Park at the corner of Duluth West and Parc Avenue here. After that, we will cross the street to ski or snowshoe in Mount Royal Park. When we go skating, we will meet directly at a nearby rink such as Beaver Lake or Parc Lafontaine. For our full-day outing, we will likely go outside of Montreal.
6 Saturdays from 10 am until 12 pm. We meet at 9:30 am to prepare for the course and put on ski boots and so that we can start the activity at 10 am.
One of the outings will be a full-day excursion outside of Montreal. We will inform you of the exact date and destination a bit closer to the date.
Dates of outings: January 5, 12, 19 and 26, and February 2 and 23.
Equipment, Clothing and Personal Items Required
We will contact you a day or two in advance to let you know which activity we will be doing each week.
- Snowshoes: We can lend you snowshoes free of charge.
- Skates: We can lend you skates free of charge (a deposit is required) if we have your size. If not, you can rent skates directly at the skating rinks. Skate rentals usually cost $9 – $12.
- Cross-country skis, boots and poles: You can rent cross-country skis, boots and poles from us ($25 for all the outings we will do together, or else $10 per outing).
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Winter boots that come up above your ankles for days when we will be snowshoeing.
- Water and snacks if you need them
$80 for 6 outings. $70 if you qualify for a discount because you are a new Canadian. All of our prices are before taxes and a $10 annual membership to the Milton Park Recreation Association.
For the full-day outing, there will be a park/trail access fee and a carpooling fee. These fees usually add up to around $20 – $30.
Please see above for equipment requirements.
Don’t wait too long – our winter activities fill up really fast! Register at the Milton Park Recreation Association office at 3555 St. Urbain Street, 514.872.0566 or https://www.amilia.com/store/fr/armp/shop/activities/1988350
The Milton Park Recreation Association office will be closed during the holidays, but our online store is always open!
Activities will take place rain, snow or shine and will be adapted to the weather conditions. The Milton Park Recreation Association’s regular reimbursement policies apply to this activity.
Questions? [email protected]