This activity has two objectives:
– To learn how to use snowshoes properly, while discovering Mount Royal Park
(Please note that we will probably use crampons if the weather conditions do not allow the use of snowshoes).
– Language exchange: the weekly session will be divided into two parts where you will have the opportunity to practice two different languages of your choice. The choice of languages is left up to you; the instructor will help you to organize pairs by affinity for one language or another within the limits of what is possible and the language skills of the participants who are present.
– The sessions will help you learn the proper use of snowshoes.
– The sports instructor will also be available to answer any questions you may have about the knowledge you need to have in a natural environment and about outdoor physical activities in general.
– The meeting point for all of the outings will be in front of the small stone house at the intersection of Duluth Avenue WEST and Park Avenue in Jeanne-Mance Park: https://goo.gl/maps/qmqSV4wTnZUgw9Qa7
– The outings will start at 6 p.m. and will end around 8 p.m. every Thursday. Please come 15 minutes before (5:45 p.m.) to get equipped if you do not have snowshoes. The end time of the activity can be a bit variable.
– Activities will take place rain or shine.
– 8 sessions for $100 (snowshoes included):
(The discounted rate for the 8 outings if you are a low-income newcomer is $5 plus taxes plus the annual membership card ($10). In order to benefit from the discount, your situation must correspond to the 4 criteria described here. To access the discounted rate, please use the following discount code: NAFRraq12023