Hike on Mount Royal and in the neighbourhood while practicing your French and English! We’ll walk, get fresh air and exercise, and have a weekly language exchange with neighbours! Just wear decent walking shoes – sometimes we’ll venture onto smaller trails! Rain or shine. Beautiful colours, crisp fall air, and maybe we’ll even hear an owl hooting! This fall you’ll learn about a new kind of tree each week!
When: Thursday evenings starting October 1st, from 6 pm – 7:45 pm approximately
Where: We meet at the bottom of the Mountain at the Mordecai Richler gazebo.
Cost: $50 ($10-$50 for low-income newcomers to Canada) to sign up for 9 outings, plus taxes and an annual $10 membership card to the Association récréative Milton-Parc. If you are a low-income newcomer, please write me at [email protected] and confirm that your situation corresponds to all of the criteria in the above link. Then I will explain how to register with a discount. Please be in touch – it would be great to have you!
Registration: online via the Milton Park Recreation Association here – https://www.amilia.com/store/en/armp/shop/activities/2907565 You will be able to pay by credit card or otherwise by ‘e-cheque’ if you don’t have a credit card. See here to learn more.
Special COVID-19-related measures:
- Smaller groups.
- Online registration only. No trial outings or drop-ins for now.
- Participants will need to accept an acknowledgement of risks form in order to register.
- No exchange of objects or papers onsite.
- New meeting place that will permit social distancing (Mordecai Richler gazebo)
- Distance of 2 m between participants
- The language exchange component will happen while we are on wider trails.
- Other procedures will be shared with registered participants.
Questions? [email protected]
This activity is organised by the Intercultural Outdoor Recreation Program, presented by the Milton-Park Recreation Association and the Maison de l’amitié, with the support of MEC and the City of Montreal. Thanks!