Come for a snowshoe hike on Mount Royal this winter while practising French and English! Half of each outing will take place in French and half in English. We will provide fun games and discussion topics to ‘break the ice’.
This activity is for active adults who can walk for an hour and a half wearing snowshoes. About half of the walk is uphill. You are welcome to register no matter what level of French and English you have, but the activity is most interesting if you already have basic French and English – enough to ask simple questions.
Meet in Jeanne-Mance Park at the corner of Duluth West and Parc Avenue here.
Thursday evenings from 6 pm – 8 pm, starting January 20th, 2022. We will add on following outings as the weeks go by.
Equipment and Clothing Required
- We can lend you snowshoes or crampons if you need to borrow a pair (included). But to reduce the amount of equipment sharing during the pandemic, please bring your own if you have them!
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Winter boots that come up above your ankles
- It’s not required, but we recommend you bring a headlamp if you have one
- Vaccine passport (mandatory), mask for when you receive the gear, hand sanitizer
Regular cost: $10 plus taxes per outing. The reduced rate for low-income newcomers to Canada is $5 plus taxes. In order to qualify for the reduced rate, your situation must correspond to all four criteria described here. Please use the following discount code: NAFRRaq2022
To Register (and find out about next dates): https://www.amilia.com/store/fr/armp/shop/programs/70898 For help with registration, please call our office at 514.872.0566 x 0.
Activities will take place rain, snow or shine and will be adapted to the weather conditions. We will follow current health guidelines.